When you’re having fun…and sometimes even when you are not! It’s been quite a while since my last post here. I guess I’m not a very dedicated blogger and/or net socializer. Anyway, let’s see if I can summarize the significant events that have occurred around here since last I took pen in hand.
- I had to find a new barber. The shop I had been going to for years burned down and they are more or less out of business until the shop gets rebuilt.
- The dark brown wood paneling in the basement is now white…after two coats of primer and three (3) coats of latex base semi-gloss enamel. And there’s also a new fluorescent ceiling lamp in the basement that is equipped with a motion detector and timer that turns it off automatically if no people or medium to small furry animals are about….
- The house underwent a “mouse attack!” Unfortunately for the mice, their fondness for peanut butter and whatever is in those mouse bait boxes led to their demise and all is back to normal.
- The grandkid and I celebrated another set of birthdays on March 12.
- The GMU’s men’s basketball team won the Colonial Athletic Conference Tournament and went to the NCAA playoffs, but were blown away in the first round by Notre Dame. The GMU coach was offered the head coaching job at Providence College (his alma mater), but he opted to stay at GMU.
- The Washington Redskins got a new head coach.
- The Washington Nationals new baseball stadium is open…no more baseball at RFK…soccer team now has it all to itself.
- A few more things got tossed into the “Big Box.”
And the War in Iraq celebrated its Fifth Birthday.